We’ll be keeping you up to date with all DMV players in action in the USL League Two (Formerly the USL PDL) all summer long with weekly updates! Check out how DMV players have fared 2 weeks into the season below, and we’ll be adding update #2 on Monday with all the games from 5/16-5/26! Saturday, May 4th 2019 Virginia […]
We’ll be keeping you up to date with all DMV players in action in the USL League Two (Formerly the USL PDL) all summer long with weekly updates!
Check out how DMV players have fared 2 weeks into the season below, and we’ll be adding update #2 on Monday with all the games from 5/16-5/26!
Saturday, May 4th 2019
Virginia Tech GK, Mathisj Swaneveld and FC Golden State Force opened up their 2019 summer with a 3-2 win over Orange County SC’s U23 side, with Swaneveld playing all 90 minutes in goal and making 5 saves, good for a .714 Save % to start the year.
Friday, May 10th 2019
James Madison duo Shaun McKenna (#15) and Brandon Clegg (#25) both went the full 90 for the Cincy Dutch Lions in their opening fixture as they ran out 3-0 winners over the West Virginia Alliance Football Club.
Local League Two club, Lionsbridge FC got off to a 1-0 start in 2019 with a 1-0 win over North Carolina FC. Former VCU forward, Travis Cooke scored the game winner in the 52nd minute off of an assist from Ivan Militar, with Richard Dearle (3 saves) keeping the cleansheet for LFC.
- Lionsbridge FC Starting XI: Richard Dearle, Luke Narker (Daniel Hoffman 76′), Patrick Gyamfi, Derek Cook, James Gunderson, Brennen Burton (Max Poelker 62′), Adrian Rebollar-Cortes, Eren Elbustu (James Lee 87′), Ivan Militar (Matthew Lee 80′), Thibaut Jacquel, Travis Cooke (Tanner Dall 76′)
Saturday, May 11th 2019
Local League Two club, Evergreen FC started off 2019 with a 2-0 loss to FA Euro at the Evergreen Sportsplex.
- Evergreen FC Starting XI: GK Tyler Back (3 saves), Ahmed Sheta (90 min), Jhonny De Souza Claros (56 min), DeJean Charlton (90 min), Timothy Mulgrew (73 min), Bernardo Majano (90 min), Connor Hester (76 min), Erik Espinoza (53 min), Lewis Long (61 min)
- Evergreen FC subs: Valdir De Souza Claros (29 min), Huseyin Celik (17 min), Ethan Emmons (33 min), Cristian Fuentes (25 min), Jordan Simpson (34 min)
- Former Virginia Tech and Patrick Henry CC outside back, Filippo Tamburini played the full 90 for FA Euro and scored one of the 2 goals
- Local Brandon Hackenberg started and played 90 minutes on the Reading United backline, Hackenberg is an alum of Richmond United
- ODU midfielder Deniz Dogan played the final 30 minutes for RUAC, coming on for Alban Rousselet with the score at 3-2 to Reading
- Player stats not kept but locals Matthew Sloan (American Msoc), Manuel Ferriol (1 assist), Tim Estermann, Nicolas Mohr (All 3 from JMU Msoc) & Dylan Nealis (Georgetown) all featured for the Long Island Rough Riders in their win
- Former DC United Academy and Reading FC Academy (England) GK Aleks Gogic played the 90 for Cedar Stars Rush
- Former Radford U and DC United Academy defender, Maxwell Edwards started and went the 90 for Tormenta FC 2, helping them keep a cleansheet and keeping MOBA from taking a shot on goal
- Loyola MD GK, Chase Vosvick is spending the summer with the Houston Dynamo’s U23 side, Brazos Valley Cavalry, and kept a cleansheet in his first appearance with 1 save
- VCU Msoc player Jared Greene came on as a sub for the final 10 minutes of Des Moines win
- Former DC United Academy standout Kainoa Bailey also came on as a sub for the Menace with a 5 minute cameo at the end of the game, Bailey spent the 2014-2016 seasons playing for LA Galaxy II in the USL after a year in the Bayer Leverkusen U23 side
Sunday, May 12th 2019
- Former University of Maryland CB, Miles Stray went the 90 for the Glens
- Former Cox HS, Richmond United and UVA CB, Victor Falck played the full 90 for OCSC. Falck transferred out of UVA after his freshman season and has since become an integral part of the UC Irvine team over the past 2 years, starting 39 out of 40 games
Tuesday, May 14th 2019
We had our first DMV derby of the summer this past Tuesday with Lionsbridge FC and Virginia Beach United facing off at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex.
Lionsbridge FC came out with the 2-0 win over VA Beach Utd, with the goals coming from Thibaut Jacquel (James Gunderson) and Ivan Militar. LFC improved to 2-0 on the year and Richard Dearle collected his 2nd straight cleansheet to start the season.
- Lionsbridge FC Starting XI: Richard Dearle, James Gunderson, Derek Cook, Luke Narker, Ivan Militar, Adrian Rebollar-Cortes, Eren Elbustu, Max Poelker, Travis Cooke, Thibaut Jacquel, Luke Staats
- Lionsbridge subs: Matthew Lee (21 min), Brennen Burton (45 min), Patrick Gyamfi (21 min), Rene White (32 min), Hector Rivera (10 min) & James Lee (1 min)
- Virginia Beach United Starting XI: Brett Johnson, Joseph Barakat, Samuel Pollard, Alec Felix, Aidan Dayton, Guilherme Leme, Oliver Peters, Jesus Corona Rojas, Roland Aguilera, Omar Sene, Matthew Ridley
- VA Beach subs: Thomas White & David Abunaw
- Stats were not kept for the game but former Arlington SA and current ODU midfielder, Roger Rojas-Goodbold started in the victory for Wake FC
- JMU defender Thomas Judge started and played the 90 for Cedar Stars Rush in the draw
Wednesday, May 15th 2019
- University of Virginia international, Ryan Peterson played the final 16 minutes for VC Fusion in his first appearance of the League Two season
- Victor Falck played his 2nd 90 in 2 games for OCSC as they took down VC Fusion 3-1